All of us have our own definition of what “well hydrated” is
Guidelines recommend on average women should drink 2L of water and men should drink 2.5L a day. This is before we take into account the additional demands such as exercise, warm weather and stress.
Water is vital for:
- Maintaining cellular integrity by delivering nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Aiding muscle contraction and relaxation
- Eliminating the by-products of metabolism
- Regulating body temperature
- Lubricating joints
- Aids digestion and help prevent constipation
A good way to check you level of hydration is as simple as checking your urine before you flush!